When WordSouth began developing a customer service training program, we asked for feedback from our friends in the industries we serve. What we heard over and over about other training experiences is that after the energy and excitement of a day or two of training subsides, old habits quickly return. We built our training program based on the idea of correcting those habits and reinforcing or reminding staff members of the new objectives.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.”
— Zig Ziglar
That’s why our curriculum is based on a six-week program instead of a single day. Our training program includes:
- MSR or CSR Survey before the training
- On-site 3-hour training session for your staff
- Daily email refreshers and tips for the week after the session
- Weekly email refreshers and tips for weeks two through six after the session
- Biweekly check-in calls between the trainer and the MSR/CSR Manager for six weeks
- Six-week MSR or CSR Survey
- Follow-up webinar six weeks after initial session
- Optional secret shopper program after the fiber launch
- Optional recorded call evaluation
About the trainer
Carrie Huckeby joined WordSouth’s team in November 2018 as director of strategy and training. She says this is her “encore career” after spending 30 years in the cooperative telecom environment. She earned her MBA from Bethel University in 2016 while serving as chief marketing officer at Telecom Management Services. Through that role and previous experience, she has worked in marketing, sales, operations and customer service at WK&T Telecommunications Cooperative, Ardmore Telephone Company, Ben Lomand Connect and McMinnville Electric System. She has also served as a leading member on marketing committees for NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association and the Tennessee Broadband Association.