Would you like to join a small but high-energy administrative team supporting business development and member solutions across the United States?
Pioneer Utility Resources, Inc. is an Oregon company with both deep roots and entrepreneurial style. We’ve been delivering innovative communication solutions to consumer-owned utilities since 1954 but have expanded to a national footprint by means of both organic growth and multiple acquisitions. Now, this Northwest-born, not-for-profit cooperative and its four wholly owned subsidiaries provide a range of marcom services including magazine production, website development, social media, content marketing, energy industry reporting, energy efficiency program management, and direct installation of energy efficiency products.
We’re looking for an experienced sales administrator with top-notch skills in moving deals through the pipeline. The position will involve defining and utilizing efficient processes for contracting new business and transferring it to the appropriate implementation staff, facilitating maximum effectiveness on the part of our business development team. This effort is expected to require approximately 30-40 hours per week, so if you’re looking for something full time or slightly less, this position may be for you!
This position will work remotely in support of our biz dev and admin teams (which are scattered across Oregon, Tennessee, Missouri, and Georgia). If residing near one of our offices (Jefferson City, MO, Rainsville, AL or Hillsboro, OR), in-office work may be available as well for someone not wishing to work remotely. This position reports to the VP Finance & Administration, with a dotted line to the VP Business Development and the CEO.
Come be a part of a strong company serving the community-owned utility sector!
Note: Applications accompanied by a cover letter will receive the fullest consideration.
- To provide administrative support to the business development team.
- To optimize the efficiency and systems utilization of sales / contracting processes.
- To ensure contract handoff to implementation in a way that guarantees client satisfaction and accurate downstream accounting and account management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs workflows utilizing company CRM systems to optimize sales processes.
- Trains business development team on key CRM systems and sales processes.
- Leverages systems to supply leadership with reports on the sales funnel.
- Understands contractual elements of key product offerings.
- Coordinates with appropriate parties on any client-requested adjustments to standard contractual language.
- Collaborates with operational leaders in various departments to ensure transition of new contracts and clients into successful fulfillment.
- Other duties as requested.
- Reports to: VP of Finance and Administration
- Directs: none
- Supports: VP Business Development, CEO, VP Finance and Administration
Other: works with all managers and employees
- Customers: May interact with customers while providing assistance with completion of contracting. Not a sales position.
- Suppliers: Will collaborate with software suppliers, including possibly managing support tickets to resolve issues or optimize configuration
- Others: As needed
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business administration. Experience may be substituted for higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer programs, including the Microsoft and Google productivity suites and common CRM applications such as SharpSpring, Salesforce.com, and/or Quickbase. Data entry accuracy with typing speed above 50 wpm strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving, data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Experience implementing CRMs and sales workflows strongly preferred.
Five years in a similar position that demonstrates the skills listed above.
- Compensation dependent upon experience and skills match.
- Benefits include a very strong 401k match and form a leading-edge total compensation package.
- Pioneer Utility Resources, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Pioneer, together with its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.50 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Describe your experience with implementing or modifying workflows in a CRM.
- Sales administration: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Sales administration: 3 years (Required)
- $17.50 - $20.00 an hour
- September 13, 2021
- Until Filled