Are you looking for a rewarding remote position with a fast-growing team?
At WordSouth, we are helping drive broadband adoption across rural America to help improve lives and communities. In this position, you’ll be working with the traffic manager to move thousands of marketing projects through a robust creative system. You’ll work with our network of print vendors to help make sure every project is quoted, shipped and delivered on time and in budget. You’ll spend your day interacting with account managers, writers, designers, freelancers and executives, and your job will be to keep everyone on the same page. You will be the gears in our well-oiled machine.
We are looking for someone who is organized, thorough and adaptable. You’ll need to love spreadsheets but also be willing to learn new technology. You’ll need strong people skills and the understanding of how to help others meet deadlines without making them groan every time they see your name on Slack.
Pay and benefits are competitive. WordSouth, part of Pioneer Utility Resources, is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Work with staff to help understand the details of print projects — you are the person who learns what questions to ask to avoid a problem down the line.
- Work with printers to request quotes for print orders. Create and send print orders and print files.
- Generate project numbers and associated Dropbox folders.
- Work with Account Managers to move assignments through creative process.
- Check in on upcoming and ongoing projects. Keep up with deadlines.
- Help analyze campaign success and troubleshoot problems when they arise.
- Confidence in crafting and suggesting solutions to problems.
- Ability to work exceedingly well with others. You happily share the load.
- Comfortable with multiple assignments of varying types and deadlines.
- Dependability — you meet deadlines and finish what you start.
- Adaptability — you are excited about trying new processes or ideas to see if they work.
- Low supervision required — you’re a self-starter who doesn’t need to be pressured to do great work, on time.
- A sense of humor and grace, which makes you an excellent collaborator.
About the Company
Based in Rainsville, Alabama, WordSouth serves electric and telecommunications companies from Texas to South Carolina, and from Florida to Minnesota. With more than 30 employees in six states, WordSouth has deep experience and understanding of the rural broadband industry, along with a history of service to community-based electric utilities. Through print and digital publications, as well as managed marketing programs, WordSouth helps broadband providers educate, inform and engage their communities in their broadband programs while helping all utilities tell their story, market their services and train their people.
WordSouth is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pioneer Utility Resources. Formed in 1954 to help Northwest rural electric cooperatives with their communications needs, and a cooperative itself, Pioneer and its subsidiaries partner with more than 230 community-owned utilities and state associations in 33 states. Marquee products and services include seven consumer magazine brands reaching more than 650,000 U.S. utility households. Pioneer magazine brands include Ruralite, Florida Currents, and Currents, and it works with utility associations and their members to publish magazines in Louisiana and California. The cooperative also provides social media engagement, responsive website design and hosting, and custom communications services.
Pioneer owns three additional subsidiaries serving electric utilities. Missouri-based ARC Media is focused on social media and other web-based services for utilities. Efficiency Services Group specializes in support and installation services for utility energy-efficiency efforts, primarily in the West. NewsData publishes industry-leading, independent newsletters covering the utility sector in California and the Pacific Northwest. Pioneer is also the largest shareholder in General Pacific, a Fairview, Oregon-based electric supply company.
Pioneer and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
NOTE: Applications accompanied by well-written cover letters will receive maximum review!
The deadline to apply is July 23, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Most employees work remotely, both before, during and after the pandemic. For individuals wishing to work in an office setting, the Rainsville, AL office can be your work location post-pandemic.
- Describe your connection to the rural broadband and/or electric industry, if any.
- Did you include a cover letter? Applications with well-written cover letters will receive the most thorough review!
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Project Coordination or Project Management: 2 years (Required)
Monday.com Software: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Fully Remote
- From $32,000 to $35,000 per year, depending on experience
- July 9, 2021
- July 23, 2021